A start

I was at an early Halloween party last Saturday when I got talking to a fellow guest about craft or, as it used to be called, real ale and how the market has shown significant growth in recent years.  One only has to note the excellent Cat Asylum brewery in Collingham.

We chatted about the pubs of Newark and I got onto the craft beer situation in Romania, where I tend to work these days.  It was my fellow beer drinker who suggested a blog about the search for craft beer in Romania and, in particular, the oft fruitless search for it.  Hence the title.

Whether anyone else reads this - I don't know. But it gives me an opportunity for extensive research on the subject and, dear reader, you can rest assured that I shall leave no glass unturned in my search for craft ales.

It is out there - and so, freshly armed with my bicycle in Bucharest, I shall do my utmost to record my research activities as accurately as possible such that when you visit Romania, this blog may prove to be an invaluable guide in your search (or, maybe, not if I can't find any).  The post will be centred on Bucharest as that's where I work and where most 'hits' are expected to occur.  I will try to stretch further as time permits.

Norok!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fabrica de Bere Buna - Romanian Craft Beer

Ground Zero - In more than one sense.